yelp

Check out my Yelp! profile and reviews here.

Thursday, February 9, 2012

Slummin' Let Down

With bated breath and pumping heart my greasy goal for the Super Bowl entertainment was slowed down to a dead end. Yes, my food truck goal was not realized due to the lack of food trucks. The NFL was in control of all things, including my eating choices. I was left with restaurants, fair food and bar food. No funky looking gyros or splatted burritos. I've been in mourning over the whole situation.  I so wanted to use this event as my excuse to eat all kinds of non-healthy food! Alas, I stuck to what agrees with me and enjoyed walking around and all the music. (Umphrey's McGee rocked it!) The Chef's Table at The Huddle was laid out beautifully and I wish I had taken pictures. But it was so crowded pictures weren't even possible. Yes, a let down indeed.

I did learn one thing about food and myself. Although I learned it the hard painful way. Eating 12 perfectly cooked shrimp in a gluten free lobster sauce is NOT a good idea for me. That meal put me at a very painful 11 on the Bloat Meter.  It felt like I blacked out and accidentally ate chicken. Oh what a night of food losses!

No comments:

Post a Comment