yelp

Check out my Yelp! profile and reviews here.

Friday, February 10, 2012

Light Breaded Mushroom....no more....

Well, I ate at Union Jack's, again. This restaurant is a staple in my dining out habits. Yes, I love this British-themed pub and restaurant and their Fish and Chips. However.....

Today I ordered an appetizer, The Big Shroom,  as my entree. I was thinking, "I'm good despite the light breading on the portabello mushroom. I've never had a problem digesting it before." Normally, I split this yummy starter with a friend and still have enough for leftovers. Then I, normally mind you, have their Fish and Chips.  Well I got bitch slapped by food again for changing my routine. I ate half of The Big Shroom and about 30 minutes to an hour later...I bloated. It was a slow bloat that creeped up on me and I didn't notice it until I talking with a group of friends. In the end, I reached a 5 on the Bloat Meter. Had to loosen the belt a notch but no pain. Some very mild discomfort but no pain at all!

Have you ever tried to carry on in a group conversation while at the same time your mind is telling you, "Don't look at your stomach. Oh my god, it's growing."?  Well it is a feat I've unfortunately mastered. You can't stop socializing just because your stomach is distending into downright deformity sometimes. Besides, who wants to hear about your bloating issues while talking about much more interesting topics? I don't. Maybe you DO care cause you're reading this! Then again, I'm not fooling myself. I know all these words go into the void of cyber space!

No comments:

Post a Comment