yelp

Check out my Yelp! profile and reviews here.

Monday, January 30, 2012

Deadlines vs. Goals

I recently read that most Bloggers have a self-imposed deadline within their Blog. This little snippet of possible truth has thrown me into a whirlwind of concern. How can I create a deadline in regards to restaurant reviews? Make a goal to eat at one new place a week? A bit unreasonable I think! Eat at one new place a month? Even more unreasonable. It's hard to define a realistic deadline when it comes to opinions on food and food experiences.  So I'm setting a GOAL not a deadline. Those are two very different words.  Look them up if you need clarification.

MY GOAL IS to write about my eating experiences whether dining in or out or at a friends' home.  I'm thinking that using a "bloat meter" is something that's relevant to me and maybe to someone else who deals with oddball food issues. Granted, that's assuming there's life in the void of cyberspace. If I'm the only one who gets sucked into this particular void then what a great food diary for myself! Lame, I know.  Especially since I've never been good at keeping a food diary. Every diet I've ever been on has pounded this on me to no avail. Although I did gain weight on Jenny, NutriSystem and Weight Watchers. Who wants to keep track of that? Yes, I'd love to keep a diary of my weight gain. How inspiring! So motivating! Not!!!

My snobbery is intact and I shall not make this a weight loss, or gain, blog.  It's about food, where to eat it, what to eat and how it affects my gut health. That's my non-bloated goal.

No comments:

Post a Comment